Sarl Développement Durable was born in 2004, to specialize in the recovery of food waste and optimization of frying baths.
The combination of these two specialties has created this notion of sustainable development; indeed, the optimized management of food oils and fats during their use, coupled with a second life cycle in the form of biofuel, is a good model of sustainable development.
For the past six years, the company's main market has been the sale of grease traps for restaurants and catering industry.
In France and Europe, this activity is supported by the demand since regulation on wastewater discharge requires restaurant owners to set up systems to avoid discharging grease into the sewer.
Indeed, these greases are a nuisance in the wastewater networks, since they promote clogging and the risk of dangerous pollutants for the staff working in the sewers. Moreover, it is also an additional polluting load for the wastewater manager, whereas these fats collected regularly from the producer (restaurant, food industry, catering trade) are recoverable in the used frying oil sector, as raw material for the production of biofuels.
The company relies on 3 main concepts of Sustainable Development:
Less consumption of raw materials:
- Natural technological aids, FRYLIQUID and FRYPOWDER to increase the life of frying baths in industry and catering,
- Quality filters and filtering machines complete this offer, the aim being to achieve an interesting profitability for the user;
A new life cycle for fatty food waste:
- BAGT grease traps allow an efficient recovery of grease rejected to the sewer for restaurants and caterers, but also and above all, the possibility of a collection at the source, i.e. above the sink, allows to produce a quality waste that can be recovered in the used frying oil sector, in France and in Europe, in the form of biodiesel.
- For the food industry, we have developed VEGX200 process, which allows to collect and purify the food greases rejected in the sewers, in the form of fuel directly reusable on the site as fuel for steam or hot water boiler or for cogeneration engine. The tonnages rejected must be above 200 kg/day of pure grease.
A profitability of the implemented channels:
- Our BAGT grease traps are very easy to use and cannot break down, they do not consume any fossil or electrical energy for their operation and their life span is very long. These qualities that we have put forward during their design, as well as an affordable price, allow us to show that on the environmental level, the quantity of grease recovered amortizes the material and the energy consumed to revalorize this waste.
- In industry, a minimum annual tonnage of recoverable grease is used to calculate the profitability of the process. We have built installations for tonnages of 4 tons per year and up to 5,000 tons per year of biofuel produced.
BAGT grease traps:
Since 2010, we have developed our own grease trap models with a constant focus on reliability, efficiency, and ease of use. Since January 2013, we have finalized our range of equipment based on a grease recovery capacity and water flow rate that we calculate in covers per day equivalent for the catering industry:
- from 10 to 90 meals per day - BAGT COMPACT
- from 50 to 120 meals per day - BAGT 80N
- from 120 to 200 meals per day - BAGT 200N
- from 200 to 400 meals per day - BAGT 400N
BAGT and European standard EN1825
To ensure our customers of the reliability of our equipment, we have been testing our BAGT200N grease trap with CEWAC, a specialized laboratory in Belgium.
This expertise has allowed us to demonstrate that the BAGT200N complies with the standard Size 1, capacity of 1L/ sec.
This device is proposed for export with the CE EN 1825 standard.